Honda HR-V India launch expected this year
- If new reports are anything to go by, the Honda HR-V will launch in India later this year, most likely around the festive season in October-November.
- The HR-V, also called Vezel in many markets, has been around since 2015. Honda had earlier dropped plans to launch it in India, however, it looks like booming SUV sales and poor performance of the BR-V has forced the Japanese company to think again.
- Likely to be positioned in the same price segment as the Jeep Compass, the HR-V is said to be imported in India as a CKD and then assembled locally.
- The car measures 4295 mm x 1770 mm x 1605 mm and has a wheelbase of 2610 mm. The ground clearance on the global-spec model is 180 mm. India will also get the facelifted variant of the vehicle which made its international debut very recently.
- Powering this car in India will be the same 1.8-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel engines which power the recently-launched Civic.
More car news: