Honor Magic 2 debuts as high-end slider smartphone
- Shortly after the Mi Mix 3’s global debut, the long-teased Honor Magic 2 has been revealed in all its glory. It also has the same slider design as the former.
- The Honor Magic 2 has a 6.4-inch OLED panel with FHD+ resolution. The screen slides down to reveal the device’s triple front camera setup and its IR sensor for 3D face unlock. If you prefer your biometric unlock to be next-gen cool, there’s also an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Just like the Huawei Mate 20 series, the Honor Magic 2 is powered by the latest Kirin 980 SoC that’s built on a 7nm FinFET process. There is 6/8GB of RAM on offer, while the in-built storage can be spec’d up to 256GB. However, there’s no memory card slot here.
- A total of six cameras reside on the device. There three at the rear consist of a main 16MP f/1.8 snapper, a 24MP f/1.8 monochrome sensor and a 16MP f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle sensor. Then, the three cameras hidden under the slider consist of a 16MP f/2.0 main unit that’s accompanied by a couple of 2MP depth sensors.
- The Honor Magic 2 has 40W charging capabilities which can recharge its 3,400mAh battery to 50 per cent in just 15 minutes through a USB-C. Typical of new flagship Huawei/Honor phones, this one too skips on the headphone jack.