Huawei Android ban lifted temporarily
- In an interesting development, Huawei’s recent Android license suspension has been lifted until August 19, 2019, by the US Commerce Department.
- This move has allegedly been made to avoid immediate, far-reaching and unintended consequences for Huawei’s customers.
- This means that Google can now continue to work with the Chinese brand, thereby allowing Huawei/ Honor devices to receive official Android updates from Google for the next 3 months.
- That being said, things still do not look bright for Huawei because its customers will expect Android Q update on their phones which may still be delayed even if the company speeds everything up until August 19.
- For those unaware, US President Donald trump has recently blacklisted Huawei following US-China trade war. This means that American companies can no longer do business with the Chinese telecom giant.