Huawei Mate 20 Pro official with in-display fingerprint scanner
- The much-anticipated Huawei Mate 20 Pro has been revealed in all its glory. The phone has several new tricks up its sleeve including a brand new 7 nm chipset, triple cameras and an in-display fingerprint scanner. It will go on sale by the end of October in most markets.
- The Mate 20 Pro stands out from the rest in the way it looks – it has a Samsung-like curved edge 6.39-inch OLED display, but then, there’s also a notch up top, which houses its 24MP f/2.0 front camera, earpiece and the 3D face scanner.
- The glass back of the Mate 20 Pro proudly houses its triple camera setup in a unique square layout. These cameras are different from that of the P20 Pro. So, there’s a 40MP f/1.8 primary camera, a 20MP f/2.2 sensor with ultra-wide lens and an 8MP f/2.2 telephoto camera. The on-board AI can detect scenes, this time even during video recording.
- The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is powered by the Kirin 980 SoC, which is the first 7 nm chip for Android phones. It also has ARM’s new Cortex-A76 cores. Also on board is a dedicated dual NPU to handle AI tasks. As per Huawei, the Kirin 980 is 75 per cent faster and 58 per cent more efficient than its predecessor.
- The Mate 20 Pro has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable internal storage. It also has a big 4,200mAh battery with new SuperCharge tech which feeds 40W of power to the phone and can replenish the battery from 0-70 per cent in just 30 minutes. Wireless Quick Charge is also standard.