Huawei Mate 20 revealed
- The Huawei Mate 20 is the watered-down version of the flagship Mate 20 Pro with a 6.53-inch FHD+ LCD display which isn’t curved like the latter’s. However, it has a more subtle, less intrusive waterdrop style display notch.
- The Mate 20 lacks an in-display fingerprint scanner and 3D face scanning – a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner is the only option for biometrics. Also, Huawei’s new 40W SuperCharge is missing here. On the flip side though, you get the good old 3.5 mm audio jack.
- The phone has the famed triple rear camera setup, but it consists of different sensors than the Mate 20 Pro’s. The primary shooter is 12MP f/1.8 unit that’s joined by a 16MP f/2.2 ultra-wide lens and a third 8MP f/2.4 telephoto unit. The front camera is the same 24MP unit that’s found on the Mate 20 Pro.
- The Mate 20 uses the brand new 7 nm Kirin 980 chipset for processing power, which promises up to 75 per cent better performance than its predecessor. It also has dedicated dual NPU to for AI tasks.
- The Huawei Mate 20 will be offered with 4/ 6GB RAM options and 128GB of onboard storage. It will go on sale in major markets by the end of this month.