Huawei Mate X foldable phone unleashed
- Soon after the Samsung Galaxy Fold, Huawei has launched its own version of a foldable smartphone christened Mate X.
- The Mate X has an 8-inch display of 2480 x 2200 pixels which folds outwards. When folded, it’s front becomes a 6.6-inch phone of 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The second half faces the camera setup and therefore becomes the secondary display, somewhat like the Vivo NEX Dual Display Edition.
- The rear of the device houses its triple camera setup of unknown specs. With the help of the secondary folded screen, one can take high-res selfies using these cameras.
- Powered by the Kirin 980 chipset, the phone is 5G compatible. It’s also incredibly thin at 5.4 mm. When folded, the thickness stands at 11 mm – still very commendable for a device like this.
- The phone also debuts Huawei’s crazy fast 55W SuperCharge technology, which charges its 4,500mAh battery from 0-85 per cent in just 30 minutes.
- The Huawei Mate X will go on sale in the middle of this year for a sky-high €2,299 (1.85 lakh) which is much higher than the Samsung Galaxy Fold.