Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone official
- While the original Huawei Mate X from last year did get delayed multiple times, Huawei is now betting big on the improved version of its foldable smartphone which has been made official as the Mate Xs.
- The smartphone looks exactly the same as its predecessor, which means that the 8-inch display folds outwards to form a 6.6-inch smartphone. However, there’s a new, stronger 2-layer structure over this OLED panel and a new ‘Falcon Wing’ hinge that’s claimed to be more robust.
- The other change is that the Mate Xs now features Huawei’s latest in-house developed Kirin 990 5G chipset with 8GB RAM and 512GB ROM.
- The battery capacity, fast charging technology and the quad-rear camera setup of this phone are carried over from the Mate X.
- Since Huawei is still in a trade war which restricts it to collaborate with US-based companies, the Mate Xs an open-source version of Android 10 with EMUI 10, which means that Google Play services don’t come installed on this €2,499 foldable smartphone.