Husqvarna Vitpilen 250, Svartpilen 250 launched at Rs 1.80 lakh
- KTM-owned Swedish brand Husqvarna has officially commenced its retail operations in India with the launch of the Vitpilen 250 and Svartpilen 250. Both bikes carry an introductory price of Rs 1.80 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The Svartpilen 250 is an urban scrambler, the Vitpilen 250 is a cafe racer, and both bikes are based on the 250 Duke. So, the Husqvarnas are based on a Trellis frame and feature a similar suspension setup of their KTM counterpart.
- Also familiar is the 248.8 cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine which generates 29.6 bhp of max power and 24 Nm of peak torque.
- Around 100 KTM showrooms in 45 major cities have been upgraded to KTM-Husqvarna showrooms, and these outlets will sell both Vitpilen 250 and Svartpilen 250 from early March 2020.
- Interestingly, both these bikes are cheaper than the 250 Duke by around Rs 20,000, which is unexpected since everyone was expecting Husqvarna-branded bikes to carry a slight premium over the former.