Hyundai Aura compact sedan launched at Rs 5.80 lakh
- The Hyundai Aura, which succeeds the Xcent, has been launched in India at Rs 5.80-9.23 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Basically a compact sedan derivative of the Grand i10 Nios, the Aura features a slightly different face than the latter. However, it’s from the C-pillar onwards that this car is different. Typical of this segment, the boot here looks pretty stubby and awkward. The tail lamps have a boomerang-like shape.
- Inside, too, the Hyundai Aura borrows its cabin from the Nios, however, the former sports a dual black-beige colour scheme with bronze inserts.
- Premium stuff like 8.0-inch infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, wireless charging, 5.3-inch digital instrument cluster, leather-wrapped steering, cooled glove box, etc. is standard on the top-spec SX(O) trim.
- This car is offered with the same 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engines as the Nios. However, exclusive to the Aura is the third 1.0-litre turbo petrol that generates 99 bhp and 172 Nm. A 5-speed manual is the standard gearbox option on all 3 engines, but the 1.2 petrol also gets an optional 5-speed AMT.