Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel launched at Rs 18.70 lakh
- Last year when the Hyundai Elantra facelift was launched in India, it was only offered with a petrol engine. Now, Hyundai is also introducing the diesel version of the saloon which has been priced at Rs 18.70-20.65 lakh (ex-showroom).
- However, the previous 1.6-litre diesel engine from the pre-facelift Elantra is gone for good. The new BS6 diesel engine is the same 1.5-litre unit from the 2020 Certa, Verna facelift and Seltos.
- Generating 113bhp of max power and 250Nm of peak torque, this 1,493 cc unit definitely appears to be underpowered for a D-sedan, least on paper.
- Anyway, you get a 6-speed manual gearbox on the SX variant of the Elantra diesel, while the better-equipped SX(O) variant comes with a 6-speed torque converter automatic as standard.
- It’s worth noting that the next-generation 2021 Hyundai Elantra has been already made official globally, but it remains to be seen when the new model makes it to India, if at all.