Hyundai Elantra facelift revealed
- The Hyundai Elantra has undergone a mid-cycle refresh which has granted it a slick new design. The updated model has been revealed in Utah, USA.
- The Elantra facelift flaunts its all-new front fascia with triangular headlamps, a ‘cascade’ grille, and a sharply chiseled front bumper. The rear also sees brand new LED tail lamps, an updated boot lid and a new bumper that now houses the license plate.
- Changes made to the interior of the Elantra facelift are not as dramatic though. There’s a new steering wheel, updated air vent accents and a new 8.0-inch infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Engines on the US-spec Hyundai Elantra remain unchanged. So, there’s a 148 bhp, 2.0-litre petrol (also offered on the India-spec Elantra), and two turbo petrols with 128 bhp and 201 bhp.
- While the Elantra is not a volume making model for Hyundai India, it plays an important role in making the company’s presence felt in the premium segment. Therefore, this facelifted model is very likely to launch in India sometime in 2019.