Hyundai Kona Electric launched in India
- The Hyundai Kona Electric is the Korean carmaker’s first EV in India and it has been priced at Rs 25.30 lakh (ex-showroom). The car is imported into India via the CKD route.
- The Kona Electric draws its power from a permanent magnet synchronous motor which generates 395 Nm of torque and an equivalent of 136 horsepower.
- The ARAI-certified range of this car’s 39.2 kWh battery is 452 km, which is quite impressive. The battery can be recharged from 0-80 per cent in just 57 minutes using a DC fast charger. From a standard AC source, the battery takes a little over 6 hours to fully charge.
- Other features of the Hyundai Kona Electric are typically those of a premium small SUV. It offers a 7.0-inch digital dashboard, heads-up display, wireless charging, 8.0-inch infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay support, heated & ventilated front seats, 6 airbags, etc.
- The Kona Electric features regenerative braking as standard. Additionally, there’s a Virtual Engine Sound System onboard which mimics the sound of a regular internal combustion engine.
- To improve the EV infrastructure in India, Hyundai has tied-up with Indian Oil Corporation to set up DC fast-charge stations at select fuel stations.