Hyundai Sonata could relaunch in India
- After being absent for a generation, the Hyundai Sonata, in its current generation which was globally revealed last year, could again be launched in India sometime in early 2021.
- With D+ sedan segment reduced to merely some hundred units per month combined, it’s quite interesting that Hyundai is mulling Sonata’s relaunch in India. At present, this segment only consists of the Skoda Superb and Toyota Camry Hybrid, with VW Passat facelift launching later this year.
- Anyway, the eighth-generation Sonata is quite a stunning sedan with an angular design and wide stance. Even on the inside, the car features a premium aesthetic with minimalist design and all the modern gadgetry you expect from a vehicle of this segment.
- In the US, the Hyundai Sonata by either a 1.6-litre turbo petrol engine or a 2.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine.
- Since it will be imported to India expect the new Hyundai Sonata to cost well over Rs 30 lakh here. That is if Hyundai green signals its launch at all.