Hyundai Venue compact SUV reveal next month
- Hyundai will reveal its long-anticipated compact SUV on April 17, 2019. Previously codenamed QXi, it is now confirmed to be christened Venue.
- The Hyundai Venue is a sub-4-metre SUV which will be positioned below the Creta in the Korean brand’s lineup. It will face intense rivalry from the Mahindra XUV300, Maruti Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport in this segment.
- The Venue is expected to be powered by 1.4-litre petrol and diesel engines. The former is the 100bhp unit found on the lower-spec Verna, while the latter is the same 89 bhp engine from the i20.
- The compact SUV is also said to come with a brand new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine which will be mated exclusively to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
- After its reveal next month, the Venue is expected to launch in India soon afterwards, possibly during the May-June time frame.