Hyundai Verna 1.4 diesel launched
- Hyundai has made its Verna midsize saloon more accessible by launching it with a new lower capacity diesel engine and more variants.
- The new Hyundai Verna 1.4-litre diesel houses a 4-cylinder unit that’s good for generating 89 bhp of max power at 4,000 rpm and 219 Nm of torque between 1,500-2,750 rpm. A 6-speed manual gearbox comes standard.
- The new base diesel engine is offered in two variants – E and EX – which are priced at Rs 9.29 lakh and 9.99 lakh, respectively (both ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The Verna 1.4 diesel goes head on against the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz diesel, which is priced very competitively between Rs 9.19-10.97 lakh. The Ciaz, however, is less powerful and has a 5-speed transmission.
- Moving on, the Verna also gets two new automatic variants – 1.6 petrol SX+ and 1.6 diesel SX (O). The former is priced at Rs 11.51 lakh and the latter at Rs 13.99 lakh.