Hyundai’s first EV in India to launch on July 9
- The Hyundai Kona Electric is confirmed to launch in India on July 9. It will be the first all-electric vehicle from the Korean manufacturer in our country.
- The Kona EV will also likely be locally assembled here in India so that its cost remains in check. This way, it will be accessible to a broader audience.
- The variant of the Kona Electric that’s India-bound is probably the less powerful one which features a 39 kW battery pack, which makes 395 Nm of torque and an equivalent of 136 horsepower.
- It will be able to run for approximately 312 km on a full charge. Using a 10 kW DC fast charger, the car is claimed to charge from 0-80 per cent in under an hour.
- Expect the Hyundai Kona Electric to cost around Rs 25 lakh when it launches in India.
More car news: