India-bound Merc GLC facelift showcased in Geneva
- The facelifted Mercedes-Benz GLC has made its public debut at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. It’s expected to launch in India in the second half of this year.
- The changes made to the 2019 GLC’s design are pretty subtle. The bumpers & lights are now reprofiled, while the grille & alloys are all-new.
- On the inside, the SUV now has a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with the new MBUX interface. Then, the instrument cluster is replaced by a 12.3-inch digital display which works in conjunction with the infotainment screen to display numerous bits of information to the driver.
- The bigger change, however, is the new 2.0-litre, turbo-petrol engine with 48V mild-hybrid tech which produces 194 bhp/ 430 Nm or 255 bhp/ 520 Nm depending on the state of tune. There’s also a new 2.0-litre diesel engine which makes 191 bhp/ 400 Nm or 242 bhp/ 500 Nm.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC also comes with a new Dynamic Select system which has Eco, Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and Individual drive modes. Moving on, it also gets an Off-Road Engineering package as an option.