India-spec 2019 Honda Civic revealed
- Ahead of its imminent launch, Honda has revealed the technical specifications of the India-spec tenth-gen Civic. The saloon is now also listed on the company’s website.
- The Civic will be power by two engines – a 1.8-litre, 4-cylinder petrol with 139 bhp/ 174 Nm and a 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder diesel with 118 bhp/ 300 Nm. Surprisingly, the petrol engine with only come with a CVT automatic gearbox, no manual option here. The diesel, on the contrary, will get just a 6-speed manual.
- Honda has also unveiled the fuel economy figures of the car and the diesel variant is claimed to deliver an outstanding 26.8 km/l of ARAI test cycle. The petrol Civic is rated at 16.5 km/l.
- The new Honda Civic sits on 215/ 50 17-inch tyres, all of which come with disc brakes.
- Then, the upcoming Skoda Octavia challenger is 4,656 mm long, 1,799 mm wide and 1,433 mm tall. It can hold 430 litres of cargo in its boot.