India-spec 2020 Honda City revealed; launch in July
- Honda India has officially detailed the India-spec fifth-generation Honda City. It is confirmed to launch next month and will be sold alongside the current fourth-generation model.
- The 2020 Honda City measures 4,549 mm in length, 1,748 mm in width and 1,489 mm in height, and Honda claims it to be the longest and widest C-sedan. The car has a boot space of 506 litres.
- The 2020 City will be powered by a brand new 1.5-litre DOHC petrol engine which generates 119 bhp and 145 Nm. It will come mated to either a 6-speed manual and a 7-step CVT gearbox, with ARAI-rated fuel economy figures of 17.8 km/l and 18.4 km/l, respectively.
- The 1.5-litre diesel will also continue on the new model, albeit in its updated BS6 avatar. This engine will only be offered with a 6-speed manual gearbox and Honda will not offer the diesel CVT option that’s found on the Amaze. Fuel economy figure here is 24.1 km/l.
- Feature list is pretty extensive on the new City. there’s an 8.0-inch touchscreen with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, Honda Connect telematics system with 32 connected car features, Alexa remote capability, a 7.0-inch MID, electric sunroof, all-LED lamps, 16-inch alloys, ambient lighting, push-button start/stop with keyless entry, remote engine start, CVT paddle shifts, etc.
- It would be interesting to see how the 2020 Honda City is priced relative to the old model. It will compete with the Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid, Maruti Suzuki, VW Vento and Toyota Yaris when launched next month.