India-spec Nissan Kicks breaks cover
- Nissan has revealed the exterior of the upcoming India-spec Kicks compact SUV. Its other key details such as the interior, engines, features, etc. will be unveiled at a later date. The Kicks should launch early next year.
- The India-spec Nissan Kicks looks quite similar to its global counterpart, which isn’t a bad thing at all. However, the model we get has a jazzed up design to give it that youth-oriented contemporary vibe.
- As compared to the global Kicks, the India-spec version gains a revised front bumper with faux air inlets and an aluminium skid plate. The headlamps and the daytime running lights of the SUV are LED. Then, the characteristic V-motion grille up front is also more accentuated. The angular rear is carried over from the global model.
- Because it’s based on Renault-Nissan’s A0 platform, the India-spec Nissan Kicks measures 4,384 mm in length, 1,813 mm in width and 1,656 mm in height. This makes it dimensionally larger than the international Kicks, thereby meaning more interior room.
- While not confirmed, the Nissan Kicks will very likely share its engine options with the Renault Duster and Captur. So, expect it to be powered by either a 1.5-litre petrol (104 bhp) or a 1.5-litre diesel (108 bhp) engine. The petrol version might come with a CVT gearbox option as well.