Indian EV Policy coming soon
- India now asserts to establish a proper roadmap for electric vehicles with a detailed EV policy.
- The Government plans to put in place policies that benefit vehicles run on alternate fuel like biofuel and CNG.
- India plans to convert 15 per cent of the total vehicular sales to electric within next 5 years. This will give a boost to investments in renewable energy and finally India can achieve ‘clean kilometres’.
- As the Government stressed upon the need for charged mobility, it also assessed how India can be a world leader in this direction, and start a whole new “Mobile Revolution”.
- What’s fascinating is the Government has asked the automotive sector and battery manufacturers to partner with ISRO, which has the best battery system on its satellites. This may be a breakthrough initiative on global front for the country.