Indian FTR 1200 S launched in India
- Indian Motorcycle has launched the FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 S Race Replica in India. The former is priced at Rs 14.99 lakh while the latter costs Rs 15.49 lakh (both ex-showroom).
- The Indian FTR 1200 series is inspired by the FTR750 race bike which competes in the American Flat Track championship series. These bikes belong to the litre-class streetfighter category.
- At the heart of these bikes is a new 1,203 cc V-Twin that’s good for generating 118 bhp of power and 115 Nm of torque. This motor uses extensive magnesium for weight saving and has a low-inertia crankshaft for better acceleration.
- Equipment list on the bikes includes Bosch stability control, riding modes, radially mounted dual Brembo brakes, inverted front suspension, and a 4.3-inch colour touchscreen instrument cluster.
- The Indian FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 S Race Replica can now be booked for a token amount of Rs 2 lakh. Deliveries will begin from April 2019.