Indians install 51 apps on their phones but use only 24
- Smartphone users in India have anywhere between 5 to 207 apps installed on their devices, which comes out to an average of 51 apps per phone.
- This research has been conducted by techARC, which also states that even though the average number of apps installed is 51, people just use 24 apps on a frequent basis.
- The report states that many users download apps without realising that excessive apps not only take a toll on the phone’s battery but can also expose it to various vulnerabilities.
- Out of the frequently used apps, 76 per cent of smartphone users access social media apps on a daily basis. This is followed by gaming apps, which 70 per cent of the users open daily.
- Moving on, over-the-top entertainment apps which include apps like live TV, video-on-demand, etc. have also gained popularity in recent times. Around 40 per cent of the users consume video content every day on such apps.