Instagram is testing new profile layouts
- In an attempt to make the interface simpler, Instagram is testing new profile layouts which will be rolled out to users in phases.
- Over the next few weeks, users might see things rearranged on their profile pages. For instance, the feature image will now be on the right, while the follower count will move to the left, below the description.
- The sample layout that Instagram showcased in its blog post no longer features the post count.
- The follower view of a profile also appears to be rearranged, where there’s a dedicated tab for mutual friends.
- It must be noted that the aforementioned changes are an example of just one of the new layouts. Instagram is testing many redesigns and claims to update the experience based on user feedback.