iPad Mini 5 could finally arrive in 2019
- Apple has for long neglected the iPad Mini range. As a refresher, the last new iPad Mini model was launched way back in 2015. However, a new report suggests that this could change next year.
- Noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicts that the new iPad Mini will arrive sometime in 2019 with “an upgraded processor and a lower-cost panel”. Additionally, Kuo also states that Apple’s long-delayed AirPower charging mat and updated AirPods would also arrive alongside the new Mini.
- The iPad Mini 5 could use the same internals from the current iPad sixth-gen, albeit with a compact size thanks to its smaller display. The current iPad Mini 4 display size stands at 7.9-inches, but we’re not certain if the next-gen model will stick to the same size.
- Kuo also claims that Apple’s October 30 event will bring an updated Apple Pencil with an all-new design, which, like the upcoming new iPad Pros, could potentially drop the proprietary lightning connector in favour of USB-C.
- The October 30 event is also expected to bring a new version of another neglected Apple product – the MacBook Air.