iPad Pro 2018 range revealed with USB-C, slim bezels
- The new 2018 range of iPad Pro models is official and they look nothing like any other iPad. There are two screen sizes to choose between – 11-inch and 12.9-inch.
- Slim and symmetrical bezels on the new iPad Pro has allowed Apple to reduce the tablet’s overall footprint. However, this has also killed the iconic home button, and the new iPad Pro models now rely on iPhone like gestures for navigation and Face ID for biometric unlock.
- The headphone jack has also been done away with. However, the new iPad Pros also ditch the lightning port in favour of USB-C, which opens up a lot of new possibilities such as powering an external display.
- There’s a 120Hz LCD display on both models which Apple calls ‘Liquid Retina’. Power comes from the brand new A12X Bionic SoC which offers 2x the graphics performance versus the A11X. The 2018 iPad Pros now have up to 1TB of inbuilt storage option.
- The Apple Pencil also has a new variant that now magnetically attaches to the iPad and charges itself. The Smart Keyboard Folio has also been redesigned. It can now hold the iPad Pro at two different angles thanks to the rear placement of the Pogo pins on the new models.