iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max announced; India prices revealed
Alongside the new Apple iPhone 11, the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max have also gone official. It’s the first time that the Pro suffix is being used with iPhones.
iPhone 11 Pro
- The new iPhone 11 Pro is the direct successor of the iPhone XS. Its price in India starts at Rs 99,900, same as that of its predecessor. But again, at $999 (~Rs 71,800), it’s still much more affordable in the US.
- The first iPhone with 3 rear cameras, the Pro now has the popular wide-angle + ultra-wide-angle + telephoto camera setup at its back. All modules are 12MP, and the most significant new addition here is the ultra-wide-angle-lens with a 120-degree field of view. The telephoto lens now has a brighter f/2.0 aperture, while there’s finally a dedicated night mode too.
- Impressively, all three cameras can shoot at 4K @ 60 fps and feature Extended Dynamic Range as well. The cameras are also claimed to interact with each other so that on switching, the correct focus, exposure and tone mapping is already set.
- Thankfully, the iPhone 11 Pro comes with a bundled 18W fast-charging power brick along with a USB-C to Lightning port. While the battery capacity is now revealed, it is claimed to be 4 hours better than the XS.
- The iPhone 11 Pro has a 5.8-inch OLED screen, with 1,200 nits brightness and a claimed 15 per cent better power efficiency. The display has HDR10 support as well. The rectangular notch is retained, but it now comes with a 30 per cent faster FaceID.
- Like the standard iPhone 11, the Pro series is also powered by the new 7 nm A13 Bionic chipset. However, the Pro phones might have more RAM, but that needs to be confirmed since Apple does not reveal the RAM capacity. Base storage continued to start at 64GB and goes all the way up to 512GB.
iPhone 11 Pro Max
- The iPhone 11 Pro Max is the direct successor to the last year’s iPhone XS Max, and just like the latter, the former’s starting price in India remains at an exorbitant Rs 1.10 lakh.
- Like always, the Max remains similar to its smaller sibling, with the only difference being its larger 6.5-inch OLED display and a bigger battery with provides 5 hours of superior battery life when compared to its predecessor.
More on iPhone 11 series: