iPhone XS Max production cost revealed
- According to a teardown report by TechInsights, the total component cost of the new iPhone XS Max is estimated at US $443, which roughly converts to Rs 32,155 as per the current exchange rate.
- The most expensive component on the XS Max is its big 6.5-inch OLED display which costs $80.50 (Rs 5,853). Interestingly, this screen is sourced from Apple’s biggest rival in the smartphone space, Samsung.
- The display is followed by the brand new A12 Bionic SoC and modems which cost Apple $72 (Rs 5,235) to produce.
- What must be kept in mind though is that this represents production cost per unit of the iPhone XS Max and not the cost of R&D, licensing, logistics, etc. that go behind the development and retail of any smartphone.
- This cost also doesn’t reflect that massive amount of money Apple spends on its brilliant advertising, which convinces everyone to buy iPhones despite their inflated price tag. By the way, the 64GB iPhone XS Max is priced at Rs 1.09 lakh in India.