Jaguar XJ50 special edition launched
- The Jaguar XJ50 has arrived in India for Rs 1.11 crore (ex-showroom). This special edition model celebrates 50 years of the XJ luxury saloon.
- The XJ50 for India is based on the long-wheelbase XJ L and features some subtle exterior and interior upgrades.
- On the outside, there are Autobiography-style bumpers, 19-inch alloys, diamond quilted seats, illuminated tread plates, bright metal pedals and anodised gearshift paddles. Then, there are four new colours on offer – Fuji White, Santorini Black, Loire Blue and Rosello Reds.
- The cabin of the XJ50 gets seats wrapped in soft grain quilted leather with an embossed leaper on the headrest. This is complemented by the XJ50 branding on the centre armrest and gearshift paddles. Also standard are illuminated tread plates.
- The only engine available on the Jaguar XJ50 is a 3.0-litre diesel that generates 300 bhp and 700 Nm. This motor feeds power to the rear wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission.