Jawa could reveal 3 bikes on November 15
- Mahindra-owned Classic Legends will bring the Jawa brand to India on November 15, 2018. Now, a new teaser shared by Jawa on Twitter hints that there may be not one, but three new bikes to mark the return of the iconic marque.
- The teaser video shows sketches of three bikes – a modern classic (spy image below), a bobber and a scrambler. While a modern classic was very much expected, the other two will surely take everyone by surprise.
- One thing that’s pretty evident is that all three of these models will be based on the same platform and will propel through the same engine.
- The new Jawa engine is the recently-revealed 293cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder unit that generates 27 bhp and 28 Nm. The company has engineered this powertrain to deliver good midrange and a flat torque curve.
- Currently, no bobber and scrambler motorcycle in India is particularly affordable. Jawa’s 300 cc versions of both these segments will potentially lure a lot of enthusiasts towards the brand.