Jawa dealer-level bookings to start on December 15
- Jawa showrooms in India will start accepting bookings for the Jawa and Forty Two from December 15, 2018.
- Until now, both these bikes could be booked only on the Jawa India website. From December 15, however, prospective buyers can first see the bikes in person, take a test ride, and then decide to put in their money.
- Around 64 Jawa dealerships across the country are expected to go operational initially. This number will go up to 105 dealers eventually.
- The booking amount is set at Rs 5,000, both for online and dealer-level bookings. Deliveries of these two bikes will commence after March 2019. The Jawa Perak will go on sale later in 2019, and it cannot be booked as yet.
- The Jawa and Forty Two are powered by a newly-developed 293 cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that’s good for producing 27 bhp of power and 28 Nm of peak torque. A 6-speed gearbox comes standard.