Jawa Motorcycles back to life; 3 new models revealed
- The Jawa brand is back in India and three new motorcycles have been revealed – Jawa, Forty Two and Perak. These will be sold through 105 dedicated dealers across India, out of which, 64 dealers will open in December.
- The Jawa (yes, it’s simply called the Jawa) is a tribute to the original motorcycle from the brand and it retains all the retro design elements of the latter. The Forty Two is a modern take on Jawa’s classic design. It features funky colour options and an off-set instrument cluster.
- The Perak is a factory custom bobber from Jawa which will be available to buy in India at a later date. It’s engine also has a bigger bore as compared to the other two, and therefore produces better 30 bhp and 31 Nm.
- The Jawa and Forty Two are powered by the same, newly developed 293 cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that generates 27 bhp and 28 Nm. This BS-VI ready engine comes paired with a 6-speed gearbox.
- Both the Jawa and Forty Two have a 280 mm front disc brake and 153 mm rear drum brake. Because there is no rear disc, only a single channel ABS comes standard. The Perak was showcased with a rear disc, but its specification remains a mystery as of now.
|Jawa Motorcycle||Price (ex-showroom)|
|Forty Two||1.55 lakh|