Jawa to return in India on November 15
- Cult motorcycle brand Jawa will officially be resurrected in India on November 15, 2018.
- If you didn’t already know, Jawa is being brought back to life by Classic Legends, a subsidiary of Mahindra. Jawa’s new bike is tailor made for the Indian market and therefore it will not share anything with Jawa bikes which are sold globally.
- Jawa has also revealed the engine which will power its upcoming motorcycle. It is 293 cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder unit that produces 27 bhp of power and 28 Nm of torque. This engine is not a re-tuned version of the Mahindra Mojo’s engine.
- If you look closely (image below), this engine with its faux cooling fins and a twin-exhaust layout, is designed to look like classic Jawa engines. The company also claims to have worked hard to resemble the original Jawa’s exhaust note with this engine.
- Other than the engine specs, little else is known about the upcoming Jawa bike. However, it is certain to belong to the modern-classic category and will go head-on against the Royal Enfields.