Jeep Wrangler Rubicon launched at Rs 68.94 lakh
- The off-road focused Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has been launched in India at Rs 68.94 lakh (ex-showroom), which makes it around Rs 5 lakh dearer than the standard Wrangler.
- The off-roading pedigree of this SUV is highlighted by its 217 mm of ground clearance, 43.9-degree approach angle, 22.6-degree breakover angle and 37-degree departure angle.
- Then, the Wrangler Rubicon sports a two-speed transfer case with a 4:1 low-range gear ratio, electronic locking differentials, full-time torque management, and an electronically operated sway bar for better articulation and travel.
- Powering the Rubicon is a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine with 265 bhp of power and 400 Nm of torque. The mechanical force is transferred to all the 4 wheels via an 8-speed automatic gearbox and RockTrac 4×4 all-wheel-drive system.
- The 255/75 R17 Mud Terrain tyres with 17-inch gloss-black alloy wheels further emphasise the off-road focus of this model.
- Standard safety kit on the Rubicon includes ABS, 4 airbags, front & rear parking sensors, rear parking camera, ESC, trailer sway control, hill-start assist, hill descent control, electronic roll mitigation, and a tyre pressure monitoring system.