Kia, Andhra Pradesh sign MoU to push electric mobility
- To collaborate on “Partnership for Future Eco Mobility”, South Korean carmaker Kia Motors has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Andhra Pradesh in the presence of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu and Kookhyun Shim, CEO of the automobile company.
- This has been done with an aim to develop a local EV infrastructure towards the commitment of embracing sustainable technologies through electric car culture in India.
- The brands as also installed a vehicle charging station in Vijayawada with two charging hubs for the convenience of representatives of regional government to charge their fleet.
- As per the agreement, Kia has donated the state with three different versions of its Niro crossover – Niro Hybrid, Niro Plug-in Hybrid and Niro EV. With these examples, both parties have agreed to commit to something that’s good for the environment.
- With EV technology making inroads into Indian space heralds the future of clean mobility. The Korean company is collaborating with the Andhra government to optimise resources to meet the needs of residents in the upcoming 14 smart cities in the state.