Kia Seltos breaks cover
- The much-awaited Kia Seltos has finally gone official. It will be Kia’s debut model in India and it’s expected to launch within the next few months.
- The Seltos has a mascular design with Kia’s Tiger Nose grille upfront what’s flanked by LED projector headlights with slick LED extensions. Its masculine look is accentuated by squared-off wheel arches and a well designed rear with a thick chrome bar connecting its LED tail lights.
- Inside, the Seltos gets a clean aesthetic with a big 10.25-inch screen dominating its centre console. Premium equipment like ventilated front seats, sunroof, 360-degree camera, 8-speaker Bose audio system, heads-up display, leather upholstery, etc. will be standard at least on the top-spec trim.
- The Kia Seltos will also get a connected car system like the Hector and Venue. It will be called UVO Connect and will offer various smart functionalities like including an AI-based voice command system.
- Powertrain options on the car will include two 1.5-litre engines – petrol and diesel – as well as a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine. Alongside a 6-speed manual gearbox, the 1.5-litre petrol will get a CVT, the diesel will get a torque converter and the turbo-petrol will get a 7-speed dual-clutch auto gearbox options.
- The Kia Seltos will be sold through 265 touch points across 160 Indian cities. It is expected to be priced between Rs 10-17 lakh ex-showroom.