Kia Seltos name confirmed for production-spec SP2i
- Kia Motors India has confirmed that its debut car in India, which was codenamed as the SP2i until now, will indeed be called as Seltos.
- The Kia Seltos was recently spied during its promotional video filming abroad (see images below). However, it was speculated that the India-spec version will have a different name. But now it is confirmed that it is not the case.
- For those unaware, the Kia Seltos is a 4-metre+ compact SUV which will compete with the Hyundai Creta, Nissan Kicks and Renault Captur in the Indian market.
- The Seltos is likely to be powered by 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. Reports also suggest that Kia will also launch it with a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine which will be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch auto transmission.
- It is expected to be officially revealed in India within the next two weeks, while its launch will take place a month or two later. Expect the Kia Seltos to be priced around Rs 10-16 lakh.
More car news: