Kia SP2i India reveal may happen in June
- Kia Motors’ debut vehicle for India, which we currently know as the SP2i, is rumoured to be officially revealed in mid-June.
- The Kia SP2i is an all-new vehicle that was revealed at the 2018 Auto Expo as the SP Concept (shown in feature image). Since the beginning of 2019, Kia has been teasing the production-spec model as the SP2i, however, it is believed that this isn’t the SUV’s final name.
- The SP2i is a small SUV which will compete with the Hyundai Creta, Renault Captur and the recently-launched Nissan Kicks in India.
- While previously it was believed that the Kia SP2i will share its engines with the Creta (since Hyundai and Kia are sister companies), new rumours suggest that it will debut with a pair of brand new 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines.
- Last year, Kia had confirmed that its aggressive plans for India include launching up to six new models, which is one new car every six months.
More car news: