KTM 490 platform to have 5 models
- Last year, KTM confirmed the development of a 500 cc twin-cylinder platform. Now, a new report by IAB claims that this new platform will be called KTM 490 and will have as many as 5 offerings.
- The source claims that while the 490 Duke, RC 490 and 490 Adventure are more or less confirmed, two new models, likely from supermoto and enduro segments, will also join the lineup.
- The upcoming 490 cc parallel-twin engine will most likely feature liquid-cooling, 8-valves and a DOHC setup. Expect the power output to be somewhere above the 55 bhp mark.
- The Austrian company’s CEO confirmed last year that this new platform will be made by Bajaj. So expect the 490 cc bikes to be locally produced here in India.
- KTM is likely to shed more light on its 490 platform during the upcoming EICMA 2019 which takes place between 5-10 November in Milan.
More bike news: