KTM 790 Duke India launch on September 23
- The highly-anticipated KTM 790 Duke will launch in India on September 23. It will be the first time that KTM will launch a bike larger than its 390 range in the country.
- Globally, the 790 Duke uses a 799 cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine which generates 105 bhp and 87 Nm. However, it is rumoured that the India-spec model might be slightly detuned to better suit the country’s low-quality fuel.
- Features expected on the bike include a two-way quick shifter, 4 riding modes (Sport, Street, Rain and Track), 43 mm WP USD front fork, WP rear monoshock, 300 mm twin front disc brakes with radially-mounted 4-piston callipers, dual-channel ABS, etc.
- In terms of design, the bike looks like a beefier version of the current 390 Duke. Its high-set muffler on the right is definitely a unique design element.
- Expect the KTM 790 Duke to cost around Rs 8.5-9 lakh (ex-showroom) in India. At this price, it will directly lock horns with the Kawasaki Z900, Triumph Street Triple S and even the Suzuki GSX-S750.