LG G8 ThinQ, G8s ThinQ revealed with Hand ID
- At the ongoing MWC 2019, LG has taken the wraps off its flagship G8 ThinQ and G8s ThinQ smartphones.
- Both phones have a Snapdragon 855 SoC with 6GB of RAM, 8MP selfie camera and triple rear cameras. However, other specs differ slightly.
- The G8 ThinQ rocks a 6.1-inch QHD+ OLED display and 3,500mAh battery. It has a 12MP f/1.5 main, a 12MP f2.4 telephoto and 16MP f/1.9 ultra-wide rear cameras. It’s worth noting that in certain markets, the G8 will give the telephoto lens a miss.
- The LG G8s ThinQ – on the other hand – has a 6.2-inch FHD+ OLED display and a slightly larger 3,550mAh battery. Its main and telephoto cameras are the same as the G8, but its ultra-wide lens is an inferior 13MP unit.
- Both phones have a Time of Flight sensor along with the front camera which enables many unique features, including the new Hand ID. This sensor reads the thickness and other characteristics of the user’s veins to unlock the phone! Then, it also enables Air Motion gestures which allows you to use your phone hands-free via features.
- Both phones come with rear-mounted fingerprint scanners and notched displays. LG hasn’t incorporated new technologies like an under display fingerprint scanner or a punch-hole display in the G8 ThinQ and G8s ThinQ.