Mahindra Alturas G4 launched
- Mahindra has launched its flagship SUV, the Alturas G4, in India. Available in just two variants, the 2WD is priced at Rs 26.95 lakh and the 4WD at Rs 29.95 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The Alturas G4 comes loaded with premium equipment like 9 airbags, Nappa leather interior, ventilated seats, 8-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, mood lighting, hill descent control, etc.
- The big SUV is propelled by a 2.2-litre diesel engine that pumps out 177 bhp of power and 450 Nm of torque. Only a 7-speed automatic gearbox is available with both 2WD and 4WD models, no manual is offered.
- It must be noted that the Mahindra Alturas G4 is a badge-engineered version of the new-gen Ssangyong Rexton. Mahindra has decided to launch the new model under its own umbrella because the Ssangyong brand failed to make a mark in India.
- The Alturas will lock horns with the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and Isuzu MU-X in India. It would be interesting to see how the market reacts to a Mahindra-badged vehicle in the ~Rs 30 lakh price bracket.