Mahindra S201 spied with production-spec body
- After the flagship Alturas G4, Mahindra is now preparing to launch a sub-4-metre compact SUV in the Indian market to challenge the Vitara Brezza, Nexon and EcoSport.
- This vehicle, codenamed S201, is based on the Ssangyong Tivoli which is sold in many global markets. However, Unlike the Alturas – which is a Ssangyong Rexton with a different grille – the S201 will likely have a redesigned body to differentiate it from the Tivoli.
- A closer look at the spy photos seen here more or less ensure that the Mahindra S201’s front and rear will indeed look quite different from its Ssangyong twin.
- Reports suggest that the Mahindra S201 will be powered by two engines – 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbo petrol making 135 bhp and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel with 120 bhp (possibly shared with the Marazzo).
- The vehicle’s production name is set to be revealed on December 1, 2018. It will likely launch in the first quarter of 2019.