Mahindra XUV500 base price reduced
- Mahindra has launched the XUV500 in a new base W3 variant, which reduces its starting price by over Rs 40,000. This variant is priced at Rs 12.23 lakh (ex-showroom).
- On the outside, the XUV500 W3 has no chrome or body cladding to save costs. The LED daytime running lights and fog lamps have also been given a miss. The rear wiper has been omitted as well.
- The cabin of the car, too, has been made more spartan. What the W3 gets is an-all back dashboard with no soft-touch plastics, and, weirdly for a car of this price, no audio system either!
- Mechanically, you get the familiar 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder mHawk diesel engine that generates 152 bhp of max power and 360 Nm of peak torque. A 6-speed manual is the sole gearbox option.
- The price revision makes the Mahindra XUV500 more accessible than the new Tata Harrier, which starts at Rs 12.69 lakh. The latter has been rather well received by the market, which is likely the reason why Mahindra has reduced the former’s base price.
More car news: