Maruti Suzuki Baleno gets new petrol engine
- The Maruti Suzuki Baleno 1.2 DualJet Smart Hybrid petrol has been launched in India at Rs 7.25-7.86 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The 1.2-litre DualJet powertrain setup combines a brand new 1.2-litre K12C petrol engine with a lithium-ion battery. It makes 89 bhp of max power and 113 Nm of peak torque. A 5-speed manual gearbox comes standard here.
- The Smart Hybrid tech onboard is claimed to assist torque for better acceleration. Then, there’s a start-stop system to boost fuel economy, while the brake energy regeneration function recharges the lithium-ion battery under deceleration.
- The engine’s official ARAI-certified fuel economy stands at 23.87 km/l, which is around 2.4 km/l higher than the older K12B petrol engine.
- It’s worth noting that this new DualJet engine is offered only in the mid-spec Delta and Zeta variants of the Baleno. The older K12B engine continues to be on sale across all variants of the car, including the CVT automatic.