Maruti Suzuki Baleno production increased
- In order to reduce waiting period this festive season, Maruti Suzuki has ramped up its Baleno hatchback’s production by 34 per cent.
- The Indian festive season is a crucial period for all carmakers as new vehicle sales generally witness a healthy surge during this time.
- The Baleno, which was launched in India in 2015, has consistently been the best-selling premium hatchback in India, outselling both Hyundai i20 and Honda Jazz by a good margin.
- The Baleno is sold through Maruti Suzuki’s NEXA premium channel and is powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines which are also found on the Swift and Ignis.
- Many reports suggest that the Maruti Suzuki Baleno will soon also be manufactured at Toyota’s Bidadi plant in Karnataka as a part of the MoU between the two companies. Consequently, a badge-engineered Toyota version of the Baleno will go on sale in India.