Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.5 diesel launched
- Maruti Suzuki has debuted its in-house developed DDiS 225 diesel engine on the popular Ciaz mid-size sedan. The updated model has been launched at Rs 9.97 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The new engine in question is a 4-cylinder unit that generates 94 bhp at 4,000rpm and 225 Nm at 1,500-2,500rpm. A 6-speed manual gearbox comes standard with this setup.
- When compared to the outgoing Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre engine, the new one makes an additional 5 bhp and 25 Nm.
- Also worth noting is that the SHVS mild-hybrid setup has been dropped from the new Ciaz 1.5 diesel. Therefore, its ARAI-certified fuel economy is 26.82 km/l, which is 1.27 km/l lesser than the 1.3 diesel.
- The new DDiS 225 engine is BSVI-ready as well. While currently its BSIV-compliant, it will be updated as per the BSVI standards closer to the deadline.
|Ciaz 1.5 diesel variant||Price (ex-showroom)|