Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.5 diesel launched
- After the Ciaz, Maruti’s new 1.5-litre diesel engine has made its way on the Ertiga MPV. The updated model is priced at Rs 9.86 lakh.
- The new variant is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder engine that churns out 94 bhp of power at 4,000rpm and 225 Nm of torque at 1,500-2,500rpm. This engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- Also, the SHVS mild-hybrid system is not available on this engine, but it still manages to return an ARAI-rated fuel economy figure of 24.20 km/l.
- The second-gen Ertiga launched in India in November 2018 and has since found over 40,000 new customers until April 2019. This makes it one of the most successful MPVs to be sold in India.
- The Ertiga diesel’s future remains uncertain since Maruti Suzuki intends to discontinue all diesel cars by April 2020. The company says that it will only upgrade this 1.5-litre diesel engine as per BSVI norms if there is enough demand in the market.
|Ertiga 1.5 diesel variant||
Price (ex-showroom, Delhi)