Maruti Suzuki S-Presso launched at Rs 3.69 lakh
- The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be sold through the company’s Arena dealership network and it has been priced at Rs 3.69-4.91 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The new S-Presso, which is being called a ‘micro-SUV’, is based on Suzuki’s Heartect platform which makes it very light at 767 kg. Its ground clearance, at 180 mm, is at par with the Renault Kwid.
- The car has a boxy, tallboy stance with many design elements which take inspiration from the more expensive Ignis and Vitara Brezza. There’s also an abundance of black body elements for a more rugged stance.
- On the inside, the car has a funky Mini-inspired cabin with body-coloured accents and a circular centre console. Interestingly, the instrument cluster here is also in the centre, something that a lot of people dislike.
- Powering the Maruti S-Presso is a BSVI-compliant 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine which generates 67 bhp & 90 Nm. Two gearbox options are offered – a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT, with the latter being reserved for higher variants.
- Equipment levels on the top-spec VXi+ trim include ABS, driver-side airbag, 7-inch SmartPlay infotainment system, rear parking sensors, digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls, etc. It’s worth noting that alloy wheels are not offered on any variant.