Maruti Suzuki to shut down Gurugram, Manesar plants for 2 days
- In the midst of the ongoing economic crisis in India, the country’s largest automaker Maruti Suzuki has declared September 7-9, 2019, as ‘no-production days’ at its Gurugram and Manesar plants in Haryana.
- Maruti’s Gurugram facility produces Alto, Eeco, Ertiga and the S-cross. On the other hand, the Manesar plant manufactures WagonR, Celerio, Vitara Brezza and Ciaz.
- Maruti Suzuki’s domestic sales fell by a steep 34.3 per cent YoY in August 2019. The company’s exports during the same month were also down by around 11 per cent YoY.
- The company’s sales declined across the compact and midsize car segment, however, its UV sales (which includes Vitara Brezza, S-Cross and Ertiga) rose by a minor 3.1 per cent YoY during the same month.
- The Japanese company also has a manufacturing facility in Gujarat which will continue to function normally.
More car news: